Pages

Monday 8 June 2009


So busy with the festival these days, and my camera is still broken, so I don't ever quite get around to posting on here. I'm having to trawl the Crabbe i-photo archives- so here's a picture of me hanging out with a very nice cat, in Clovelly, in about 1981.

It's a slightly crazy, muddled time, but what with a new set of speakers pumping out Vera Lynn tunes, and Eric faithfully purring by my side, I'm just about ploughing through. It's been inspiring speaking with so many artists, creatives and professional eccentrics- I'm especially keen to make new paintings, drawings, and to carry on with the bird woman somehow... if I ever get a minute...

Anyway, some news in the pipeline-

Class & Corruption- an adaptation of the Threepenny Opera- starts this week- I'm in the choir, and I've nearly learned the words... anyone wanting cheap(er) tickets can order them through me (£10). It's at the School Creative Centre in Rye and it's on this week and next.

At the Work Ship we're taking part in Hastings Hot Houses open studios (1-9th August) and Coastal Currents open studios (5th/6th & 12th/13th September). We're also hosting a special night at the final 'First Thursday' event on 4th September... details to follow.

I'm taking part in the next Craftwerk fair (1st August) at St Aloyious Church Hall, Euston. Lots of beautiful stuff for sale, and plenty of beautiful people to look at, if you have no money.

My dear old college friend, Rachel Carvosso and I are collaborating on an exchange project between Tokyo and Hastings. She is bringing the work of ten Japanese artists to show at Crabbe Palace during Coastal Currents, perhaps some live Haiku performance, and film too- then a return match in a gallery in Tokyo next year, when I'll take the work of 10 Hastings artists along. We're also working on a book art project- bringing Japanese book art to London book shops & galleries for summer 2010.

The Hastings Illustration Group is preparing for it's first gathering, and our first show will be at the Dragon in September.....

Can anyone think of someone who would make a good Hannah Gordon for our Coastal Currents 'Watercolour Challenge'? We're thinking £2 entry, with a complimentary sherry for participants. Spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment