Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Made by the Sea



I've been taking part in this pop-up market every weekend until Christmas at the newly refurbished Colonnade, Bexhill (directly in front of the De La Warr Pavilion). I'm sharing a stand with Alice Underhill & Wendy Jung.

I've made new editions of old favourites (Behind the Cutter Inn & The Ornithologist) + a number of handbound journals and sketchbooks using fine Italian printed papers. Plus a number of cards/ prints & original drawings all for sale and copies of the Birdbook poetry anthology, which have been flying off the shelves- the publishers (Sidekick Press, London) have had a flurry of requests since the book was nominated as 'staff Christmas pick' at Foyles, Southbank. I'm currently working on three illustrations for the next book in the series- freshwater birds, which will be published in Spring.

There's a chance to pick up my new feral pigeon cards (perfect for every occasion- £1.95) which feature in the poetry book. Based on the pigeon, Burton, who hatched & fledged on my balcony in Hastings in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment